Mark Twain says the coldest winter he ever spent was a summer in San Francisco… but don’t let that scare you away! (Our pro packing tip: Layer up!) We like Scott McKenzie’s words better: If you’re going to San Francisco, be sure to wear some flowers in your hair…Summertime will be a love-in there.
The City by the Bay has so much to offer that you can’t go wrong, no matter the season, your age, interests, or level of hippiness.
Keep this list and links at your fingertips by downloading it your phone. Have specific questions? Ask away!
Only in SF:
2. Alcatraz – Are you brave enough for a tour of California’s infamous island prison?
4. *Giants Baseball Game – Don orange and black to cheer on Posey, Pence and the team with a side of Gilroy Garlic Fries.
For the Kids:
7. *California Academy of Sciences – Thursday’s NightLife is for the over-21 crowd, but the planetarium and living roof are for everyone.
For the Foodies:
8. *Presidio Off the Grid – Food truck grub combined with sweeping bay views in a historic SF setting.
9. The Ferry Building is chock full of epicurean treats, but a true foodie should not miss the weekly farmer’s market.
10. Liholiho Yacht Club – Make a reservation for dinner at the hot spot that serves up Hawaiian fare with a fun tagline: Grind – Talk Story – Get Jag
Beyond the City:
Key: *Mahalo ono. Ono is the Hawaiian word for delicious or best!